Afficient Academy is thrilled to announce the debut of our new grade level for Afficient Math: Grade 1. Similarly to the existing Elementary, Middle, and High School courses, our Grade 1 Math is a standards-aligned course that introduces young students to age-appropriate concepts in numbers and operations, algebraic thinking, measurement and data, and geometry.
To support our young learners, Grade 1 Math includes the following features: audio support for each exercise, easy-to-read font, and multiple visual representations and illustrations of the concepts.
The Grade 1 Math topics include:
- Numbers and Counting up to 120
- Addition and Subtraction Strategies and Fluency
- Word Problems that include adding, subtracting, and comparing numbers
- Telling Time
- Measuring Length and Height
- Representing and Interpreting Data
- Reasoning with and attributes of 2D- and 3D-Shapes
We use multiple teaching tools, including a Concrete-Pictorial-Abstract method. This involves moving from concrete materials, to pictorial representations, to abstract symbols and problems. This method helps students understand mathematical concepts at a deeper level and provides strong foundations for future math courses.
Schedule your FREE diagnostic test to enroll in Afficient Math today!