Parents play a critical role in supporting and monitoring their children’s learning journey. Here’s how you can stay involved:
Create a conducive environment:
- Dedicate a quiet space for focused work, free from distractions. If possible, avoid high traffic areas like kitchen, dining hall or in the family room in front of a TV.
- Encourage open communication and offer support but avoid hovering or micromanaging.
Establish a successful routine
Here’s a simple routine that can help both parents and students stay on track:
Schedule a dedicated Afficient time:
- Choose a specific time slot each day for completing Afficient’s weekly assignments. If your child attends a physical learning center or Afficient’s virtual session at a particular time on certain days, ideally that time slot can be dedicated every day for Afficient’s work unless your child is engaged in other activities at that time.
- Consistency is key to building a habit and preventing procrastination.
Set SMART goals:
- SMART is an acronym for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-bound. In general, your goal should be SMART.
- A newly enrolled student normally sets up a goal with his/her Account Manager. Parents and students are encouraged to review the progress periodically and revisit the goals and adjust it as per the individual’s situation and needs.
- This makes the work less daunting and helps students feel a sense of accomplishment with each completed step.
Seek help when needed:
- Don’t hesitate to reach out to teachers or other resources for assistance if you encounter difficulties. Remember, asking for help is a sign of strength and a valuable learning opportunity.
- Afficient’s corporate learning center is open 5 days a week, so students can visit the center and seek help from the staff. Please feel free to give advanced notice and schedule a meeting with the staff if necessary.
- Afficient’s virtual sessions are also available 6 days a week at specific hours. If students need help, they can drop in during the session time. Also, there are 30-minute slots available for supervised sessions that a student needs to reserve ahead of time.
By dedicating 30 minutes daily to Afficient’s weekly assignments, your children will build strong foundations in math and English, learn more efficiently, accelerate their progress, develop discipline, and foster a love for lifelong learning. Together, you can create a journey filled with accomplishment, growth, and a thirst for knowledge.